WHAT EVERY MAN AND WOMAN IN THEIR TWENTIES AND EARLY THIRTIES SHOULD KNOW.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Update

How do you tell your friends that are struggling with infertility that you are having a baby? I don't know how you do it.... it is as simple as that....

In April I had a baby but I can't tell you how sad it made me that others remain struggling, battling with IVF, to do another round or not, could they afford to do it or not, whether to start adoption, or starting that process.

People may talk about what you 'deserve' but I really don't agree with this concept. Some things in life are not fair; are quite simply a lottery. And fertility is one of those - why can a person with low chances of success get pregnant but not the person who according to the textbook has everything right?

If there is nothing else remember this - as was said to me a few months back - we cannot forget where we came from and the battles with infertility (or more positively put 'the fertility challenges') - and so we must continue with the fight not only to support those who are in that place which feels like you are perpetually 'treading water' but we must also do want we can to inform people, and in particular the young women coming up the ranks, of the challenges that women face with respect to their own fertility and being modern women of our age.

And so after a short hiatus, I am back to continue with the quest to better educate the young women of today. For my next blog I will be discussing the recently published book by Kasey Edwards - '30 something and the clock is ticking' - for now here is the link to her website so you can read into it for yourself .... http://www.kaseyedwards.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment